Springs & Fillings
Sourced from world leading manufacturers based in the UK.
All natural ticking
Safe, breathable and naturally comforting cotton ticking.
24 Hour Delivery
All mattresses available from stock.
Handmade in UK
Handmade in the United Kingdom to our specifications.
Juno OriginalComfortable, man made fillings
Juno CottonComfortable with natural fillings
Juno SilkMore springs & fillings, more comfort
Juno CashmereThe best in natural comfort
About our Pocket Sprung Mattresses
You spend at least a third of your life in bed. A good mattress is important for your health, both physical and mental. The Juno range of natural pocket sprung mattresses from the Original Bed Company is an investment in your wellbeing. They are handmade by us in Corby, Northants by trained craftsmen.
Each mattress is made from a supportive honeycomb spring system made of the finest high carbon springs. Over the pocket springs we add either soft man made fillings or natural fillings for long life, comfort and ventilation. Materials include man made fibres, cotton, wool, silk, cashmere, bamboo and horse hair. Each material has a unique function in the layering providing different amounts of durability and softness to the mattress.
The long lasting pin-striped traditional 100% cotton cover gives that traditional look. Being the part of the mattress closest to your skin, it also has an advantage of being all natural. All our mattresses are hand tufted to hold all the components together preventing the fillings or springs from moving over time.
Our collection is available in all standard UK sizes. The following guide can help decide which size is right for you.
- Small single mattress (2’6” x 6’3” or 75cm x 190cm) and single mattress (3’0” x 6’3” or 90cm x 190cm) are good for tiny rooms or a first bed for your child. Usually as one grows it’s better to get a small double or double.
- Small double mattress (4’0” x 6’3” or 120cm x 190cm) have slightly more space. Usually preferable for late teens and young adults.
- Double mattress (4’6” x 6’3” or 135cm x 190cm) is one of the most popular sizes in the UK. Good for two people in small flats or cottages.
- King mattress (5’0” x 6’6” or 150cm x 200cm) is the default size most for married couples or even single adults. For people taller than 6’0” the king size mattress prevents their feet hanging off the edge.
- Super king mattress (6’0” x 6’6” or 180cm x 200cm) is our largest size and works well for larger rooms.
What makes an ideal mattress?
The fine balance of number of springs, spring length and thickness and matched resilient fillings will provide that special feel for a good night's sleep. This balance of the supportiveness of the springs and the soft comfort of fillings leads to a perfect mattress. Each model in our range is designed to maximise comfort given the materials available at that particular price point.
What is an ideal tension? Soft, medium, firm or extra firm?
The Juno collection are designed to accommodate people of various body types. The mattress is of a medium tension and is what we usually recommend for most people. We can customise mattresses to be firmer if required.
How many springs should a pocket sprung mattress have?
Usually anything between 1000 - 1500 springs is what we recommend. The more the springs the more independent each point in the mattress conforms to your body. However, after a certain number of springs increasing the number of springs doesn’t have any effect. In our comfort and support tests, anything over 1500 springs didn’t show any measurable difference.
How do I clean my mattress?
It is recommended to remove dust from a mattress by wiping with a dry cloth regularly. For any spills and stains it’s best to dry immediately. Use a damp cloth to clean as best as possible. If needed, you may use soapy water to damp the cloth.
What is the delivery time of a mattress?
We hold a large selection of models and sizes in stock for quick delivery. Order now online or by calling in.