The Original Bed Company has been designing and making iron/metal beds for over 20 years and over the years we’ve refined the way our beds have been constructed so that they’re easy and convenient for our customers to assemble. Yet our bed frames are known for their strength, durability and sturdiness. In the video below we show how to assemble a metal bed frame from us and just how easy the assembly process is.
Step by step assembly instructions for our iron beds
A common thing people miss while assembling our iron beds is that most of the bolts are pre fitted. Please check on the actual parts for the bolts. You sould only have 3 bolts (2 in a single bed) which are loose.
Step 1 & 2 - Getting the frame ready
- Step 1 Fix the extension legs to the ends of the headend as shown.
- Step 2 Remove the bolts from the 2 side rails, 2 end cross bars and centre cross bar. Lay out the pipes as shown. Using the removed bolts, screw the base of the metal bed frame into place. Do not tighten the screws at this stage.
Step 3 & 4 - Attaching the bed frame to the headend anf footend
Step 3 & 4 are easier with 2 people but can be done with 1 person too.
- Step 3 Remove the screws and washers from the headend and footend. Then, using thse fittings, attach the frame to the headend at your choice of height setting. Some beds have 2 height settings but some only have 1.
- Step 4 Simarly, attach the footend.
Step 5 & 6 - Dropping your slats in place
- Step 5 Fit the centre rail with flat head screw and nut to the centre of one side rail. Repeat for the the other end of the centre cross bar. Align the centre rail under centre cross bar and fit with flat head screw and nut. Now tighten all the bolts.
- Step 6 Drop the slats into the slat holders.
For most of our iron beds this is the last step! You’re done. Congrats! If you have a bed with brass rails or other finials then you will have to complete the next step.
Step 7 - Put your mattress one
Finally put your mattress on! Be careful not to slide the mattress on but lift and gently place your mattress on the bed.
- Step 7 Do not slide mattress over the slats.
- Step 8 Gently place on the mattress using the handles on your mattress.
Knobs and finials assembly for our iron beds
If your bed only has knobs to attach then follow the instructions below.
If you bed has both knobs and finials then follow the instructions below.
Complete assembly instructions download
We also have our assembly instructions available as a PDF.